Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Web Application Project

After working for a while to get this Converted ASP.NET 2.0 VS.Net 2005 VB.Net 2005 (8.0) Application to completely build, I ran into Parser Error Message: Could not load type '.Global'.

I am searching everywhere and find this refference
http://forums.aspfree.com/net-development-11/parser-error-message-could-not-load-type-17894.html
http://forums.aspfree.com/showpost.php?p=60570&postcount=13
================================================================
March 23rd, 2004, 11:03 AM
manos

Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1
Time spent in forums: < 1 sec
Reputation Power: 0

I found another answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, just thought I'd share my answer to this frustrating problem.

Basically what I found was that for some reason, the class names that my .aspx pages where inheriting from were wrong. What happened
was that when checking the project in to source control, I had actually named my solution "Something.Net". This meant that all my
code behind inheritance directives said "Something.Net.class". (i.e. Something.Net._default) This may have been a problem.

When I noticed that, I recreated the solution as just "Something" and copied the files from the old solution. I then had to go in to the .aspx files
and change the page directives so that the pages inherited from Something._default.

After that it worked fine.

Good luck.

==========================================================================

I say to myself, "Oh, )&(^*&%(&*)(>, I remember having to change the application name. So, I open a code file in VS.NET 2005 and type Imports . And sure enough no Global ... then I remember some of my components seem to have dropped a level so I type .. and ther is my GLOBAL.
I open 1) Global.asax in NotePad, 2) change the Inherits=".Global" to Inherits="..Global" 3) Save & Close the file 4) rebuild the project
It worked ...
Now why in the code does my project have a split class set with some classes under and others under .????

And onto other Parse Errors ...

No comments: