Monday, June 05, 2006

A new bike!?

Well, I will probably destroy this bike before it is well used. I am six foot two inches tall and weigh in at 245 pounds. I just purchased and put together a $60 26" bike from Wal-Mart with a maximum carrying capacity of 198 pounds ... No, I will return it tomorrow night and find a bike I can ride without blowing the tires! LOL I haven't been on a horse since high school due to my weight, I was at 300# back in 2002/2003. The lightest I've been since 1992 is 190#... There is a place in Baltimore just a few blocks from where I work, I'll check there to see what's available for a little guy like me! LOL Anyway, I had fun this evening reading to the kids while they went nuts in the bath and I made myself an awesome fish soup for dinner... my daughter and I are going in for an allergy work up in the next few weeks... the girl's reacted with anaphylaxis symptoms twice in the past year (eggplant and cranberry juice) .. I've always had allergies, but not to kill me just make life suck for a good portion of the spring, summer and fall. .. LOL ... I didn't really go through much pain growing up in Powell, Wy ... a barren, dry, and cold climate with beautiful evergreens, cactus, sage, thermals, animals and wild life to no end, but here in the seasonal climates of South-Central PA and Baltimore, well ... yuck! ... I love the weather, climate, etc, just not what it does to my body... LOL ... I just saw an article that most people who live in the region also have the same allergy issues ... just further proof that we're all nuts... suffering these symptoms by will is no better then choosing to live on the crest of a volcano, the path of a hurricane, the middle of a flood plane, or voting for Bush, we bring misery on ourselves by our own will and actions ... LOL Anyway, off to bed...

No comments: