Friday, August 17, 2007

School 2008/2009

As far as things stand my children's mother will be home schooling through a Kindergarten level program for the 2007/2008 year.
I grew up in public schools in Powell, WY - AWESOME EDUCATION - I am utterly astonished at how lacking so many of my peers' own public school education experiences were. I think part of it is that you really only get out of any situation what you put into it and part of it is that there is not a great will within the public education arena to embrace such an ideal. If I can afford to put my ex through school 2008/2009 and pay for my children to be covered in private academically accredited schools, I will do so. There is a county school district in the area that actually appears to be doing even better then the private schools, but they are more expensive then the local private schools and I do not think relocating to that area is a feasible option for me. Another issue I notice is that it seems that a really “good” school in this area is not one in which you find a lot of kids doing their best and parents doing their best to help them. You find that the parents and children are actually doing the bare minimum they must to get what they can with the resources they have easily available to them. Sadly the only variation between the “good” and the “bad” school is the amount of resources available to the majority of the attendees. It seems that slothfulness, willful ignorance and an inane desire for convenience rules the hearts and minds of either community.

No comments: