Saturday, June 02, 2007

Family Visit and Documenting

Jackie, Juan, Jillian and I went to the Philadelphia Zoo today with the plan of visiting with my Great Aunt Marcia and my Great Uncle David (siblings). Uncle David apparently had a fall recently and injured himself. As a result he felt it necessary to cancel. Sadly, this is the second visit with the children to which he has not shown. We did have a very pleasant trip from York to Philadelphia though. The visit to the Zoo and the time spent chatting with Marcia there was fabulous. I shared with Marcia that I will be shortly sending a letter to Uncle David to solicit some time with him in order to collect knowledge of my extended family (by blood, marriage, or good friendship) with stories to add to my collection of knowledge which I have begun posting on ancestry.com
My cousins and I have been working on our own for a while and have only recently begun to use this online site as a place for communication and collaboration. She said she believed a cousin of hers would be able to assist me with the Rogers side of the family quite a bit. I was very please to hear this and am looking forward to receiving their contact information.
I will be traveling to Hondo, TX the end of June for a Rios Family Reunion were I do hope not only to re-establish ties with distant cousins, but also to further my research and familial database regarding my Grandfather (Sandoval) and my Grandmother (Rios) ancestry.
Some time in July, I also want to begin serious development of my wife's familial history.
I hate that we (everyone in the family) is now so separated by distance, but I am very thankful for all the electronic and mechanical wonders of the age that have and continue to allow us to be and stay connected.

No comments: